Healthcare in Latvia

Can I receive state-funded healthcare services?

You can receive state-funded healthcare services if you are:

  • a third-country national with a permanent residence permit in Latvia
  • a refugee or a person to whom the alternative status has been granted
  • an asylum seeker
  • a child under 18 years of age of the above persons
  • the spouse of a person with a temporary residence permit who has his/her own temporary residence permit and is raising a child aged up to seven or at least three children aged up to 15

To receive state-funded healthcare services in Latvia, you must be listed in the Services Register of the National Health Service. To be entered in the Register, you must submit an application to the National Health Service

Persons who do not have a Latvian personal identity number (e.g., have been issued a long- or short-term visa) are not included in the register of recipients of services. They receive healthcare services based on documentary proof of their status or a decision by the National Health Service.

National Health Service
More information: see here
National Health Service
Contact us!
+371 26959706 (I 8.30-18.00 II-IV 8.30-17.00 V 8.30-16.00)
+371 26959706 (Whatsapp)
Raiņa bulvāris 15, Rīga